:: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rick Moen
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Uudet otsikot: Re: [DNG] Accountability (Was: TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server)
Aihe: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server
Quoting Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult (enrico.weigelt@???):

> In essence, moz folks only want to add new fancy brave new world
> features (seems they're totally in the post-humanist ideology),
> and tend to hostile reaction against all critics.
>
> Just try to submit a patch that eg, allows build-time opt-out of
> geoloc, motion/ambient sensors, etc, and see what happens.

I really do think Iceweasel, Mark II is the real route forward: When
all is said and done, Mozilla, Inc. are a commercial entity inherently
beholden to their funders. They is absolutely _nothing_ like a public
utility or charity. We should thank them for a basic codebase that
can be used as the basis for better things, and carefully not trust
them overmuch.

> >>Most of it should still be in their mail archives - and I could publish
> >>the personal mails when applicable.
> >
> >(Which archives, BTW?)
>
> mozilla.org.
> IIRC, it should also be synced to the newsgroups.

I honestly cannot find it, FWIW.

> In that case it was 'just' banning me completely from all mozilla
> communication channels (all maillists, bugzilla, newsgroups,
> forums, wikis, etc).

One last time: What specifically do you mean by 'threatened'? What,
and by whom?

I ask mostly because, as I mentioned, I really do believe in 'Fiat
justitia ruat cælum' (let justice be done, though the heavens fall) --
including citing the relevant names.

If you read the National Transportation Safety Board report on the Pan
American World Airways flight 799 disaster that killed my father in
December '68, the crucial error (among several) was by an _unnamed_
engineer in Pan Am service engineering who 'decided that [a recommended
hardware] modification was not necessary', despite having carte blanche
to do any fix costing less than US $50 per airframe and just expense it.
An equally unnamed supervisor reviewed this decision and 'decided, after
coordination with flight operations, that the bulletin was not
applicable to Pan Am aircraft, and no further action was taken. The
reason for this decision was not fully documented.'

And no names.

Names. Accountability. I rather like them.

(Som faren går fyre, kjem sonen etter. I am very much my father's son.)