:: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server
On 31.08.2017 22:26, Rick Moen wrote:

> They say it's going to be either i.MX6 or i.MX8.

whenever mx8 will be actually available ... :o

> They haven't yet
> decided. (This further underlines my point that it's definitely nothing
> like a finished product, yet.)

ack.

> I don't want to be unduly cynical about Puri.sm, but they have had a
> history of overselling and being just a bit reticent about the secret
> proprietary bits they've not addressed at all in their 'open' designs.

well, never heared about these guys, let's see how it finally plays out.

>> They suggest firefox ... recent versions (at least since 52) have
>> built-in malware. I've already removed larged parts of it (yet
>> very experimental and untested) - still need a strategy to align
>> w/ upstream.
>
> Have you written this up, somewhere?

yet incomplete and hackish (due lack of time)

https://github.com/orgs/Librezilla/

>> MSF has already made it perfectly clear they'll never accept any patches
>> for that and continue their path (already threatened me personally)
>
> And have you written up the details of this?

Most of it should still be in their mail archives - and I could publish
the personal mails when applicable.

I've just contacted the waterfox guy, let's see whether we can agree on
an alliance.

--mtx