:: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner…
Góra strony
Autor: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server
On 31.08.2017 21:30, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> IMHO, we should now concentrate on the OS, maybe port the android
>> runtime to GNU platform. That should give us an GUI and applet
>> framework. Or we start afresh with a plan9-inspired approach.
>
> Like Inferno?

Something in that direction.

For the base system, I'm thinking of an tailored GNU/Linux distribution.
Let's start w/ something simple, easy to use, w/o some app system.
(the whole apps concept is a major problem in itself). Later we could
put tailored ART into containers, so people can run their favorite apps
in isolated environments, until some proper solutions are available.
For most of the stuff people do w/ their smartphones, apps aren't
required at all.

For the Google apps - just crack them and implement free alternatives,
so the android emulation can talk to google services.

It's a lot of work to do, but somewhere we gotta start.

--mtx