Til: Nate Bargmann
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Emne: Re: [DNG] noatime by default

Chris Kalin
Sr. Network Engineer

chris.kalin@???
www.IBmilw.com p. 414-778-3065 c. 414-238-3914 t. 800-642-8778 f. 414-778-3041

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

It's also a decent idea to keep the total partition size under about 80% of the total drive size so that you get the same write performance no matter how full the partition gets. If partition size = drive size you'll start to see massive slowdowns as the drive gets closer to 100%.