:: Re: [DNG] using os-prober
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] using os-prober
On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 02:23:27PM +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>
> > However, when booting the unidentified Linux system, it mounts exactly
> > the same partitions as the old Linux system. It appears to
> > completely ignore the new /etc/fstab in the new system.
>
> Are you using an initrd/initramfs ? If so, did you update it ? That's one possible explanation - you load the "new" init image, that contains the old fstab which is used for the intitial mounts, but when the system is booted you see the new modified fstab.

I've looked at the grub.cfg file in /boot. It explicitly contains the
name of the old root partition in the Linux line of the stanza for the new
system. So after loading the kernel, it is started with the wrong
root partition as a parameter. This all happens before it has much of a
chance to look at iniitrd.

This is not an initrd problem. This is grub-update setting up the boot
configuration to go wrong unconditionally.

-- hendrik