:: Re: [DNG] noatime by default
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nate Bargmann
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: John Franklin
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] noatime by default
* On 2017 28 Aug 22:04 -0500, John Franklin wrote:
> Unless it’s a refurb, get it. I have one in my MacBook Pro.
> Lightning fast, silent, and sips power. Second best upgrade I ever
> did, only behind a 960 EVO NVMe in a Thinkpad T460s.

It would be new.

> Don’t worry about it burning out. Since getting my first SSD, I’ve
> spilled coffee into more laptops than I’ve lost SSDs to wear and age.
> A silicone keyboard skin will extend the life of your computer more
> than noatime.

It has a 5 year warranty and is a few bucks cheaper than a 525 GB
Crucial MX 300 which has a 3 year warranty. Currently the lappie has a
250 GB spinner that is working just fine. I figure that over sizing the
drive will help with wear leveling. I'm not sure if that is a valid
assumption, however.

Thanks.

- Nate