:: Re: [DNG] using os-prober
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] using os-prober
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 08:25:19PM -0500, Hector Gonzalez wrote:
> On 08/28/2017 06:59 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> >>I did this a few days ago, try commenting out the option completely, the
> >>default is to run os-prober.
> >Originally, the option was not present at all. I added the option in
> >myself. Being totally absent should be as good as commented out,
> >right?
> >
> >Anyway, as I mentined in another post a few minutes ago, it does seem
> >to be recognising it after all, but as a unknown Linux distro,
> >failing tto notice it's Devun. And I don't get a bootmenu stanza.
> >
> >-- hendrik
> Ok, I just found out the problem with my test install, I installed with
> debootstrap, but forgot to add a kernel. Please check your /target/boot
> directory, it may be empty, os-prober finds library files, and assumes it's
> a bootable linux system, but checks for a kernel at a later time. If you
> want it identified as a debian system, copy etc/devuan_version to
> etc/debian_version (I don't know if it has any side effects, but it's easier
> to rename the grub entry).

Thank you! I think you nailed it!

When I copied /boot to /ascii/boot, which is to be mounted as /boot on
the new system, I seem to have slipped up and got an extra directory,
so it is at /ascii/boot/boot, which will appear as /boot/boot when
mounted on the new system instead of at /boot.

I'll have to debug the copy command.

Funny that nothing like it seems to haave happened on /usr, /var, or /
iself.

-- hendrik