:: Re: [DNG] Lost in grub
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Lost in grub
On 08/28/2017 10:55 AM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Grub seems a lot more complicated now than it used to be a few years
> ago when I last upgraded Debian from one release to another.
>
> My usual procedure is to copy the system to new partitions (adjusting
> the size according to what I actually guess I might need),
> editig the copied /etc/fstab, making sure the old and new systems boot
> properly and mount the right partitions, and then upgrading the new
> one.

Copy the system to the new partition.
Edit fstab in the new partition.
Boot into the new partition from grub command line.
Type 'c' at the boot menu to get a grub prompt.
Example: (Edit as needed. Drives count from zero, partitions count from one.)
    set root=(hd0,msdos3)
    linux /vmlinuz ro root=/dev/sda3
    initrd /initrd.img
    boot

Then when you're in the new system, run
    grub-install /dev/sda
    update-grub

This will put the system on the new partition in charge of booting and
will generat a new menu. It should also make a boot entry for the old system.

fsmithred