:: Re: [DNG] noatime by default
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Gulbrandsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] noatime by default
Narcis Garcia writes:
> USB drives use filesystem as were formatted.
> When they are formatted in ext4, support atime.

Indeed. I assumed you meant USB drives generally, not ones restricted to
work only with linux. Sorry.

> I was asking for a method to set noatime by default. Is udev/eudev
> triggering program involved for USB cases?

It depends. Neither my laptop nor my desktop do at the moment (devuan/kde
and oldishubuntu/kde), but I'm sure there are linux variants that do.

> And when user clics over a
> not mounted device through file manager?

Not with the files manager I have installed and hardly ever use, but I'm
sure there exists either one that does or that has been forked to do it, so
try yours ;)

The only relevant option I see is whether to automount none, previously
known or all sticks.

Arnt