:: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much o…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much of systemd is still in there? UPDATE
On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 06:51:24 +0100
Dave Turner <dave_t_turner@???> wrote:

> I have a working devuan ascii with no systemd no dbus no udev and no
> pulseaudio on my old iMac. (no X11 either, but we'll come to that)

Very nice!

> I installed eudev

Did you install eudev simply by apt-get install udev? Were there any
other steps?

> and then I deleted /etc/init.d/udev and rebooted.

This means that udev won't run on boot. Did /etc/init.d/eudev exist, or
did you just not have a daemon?

[snip]

> For sound I installed flac, alsa-utils, and the ncurses media player
> moc. alsa-utils includes alsa-mixer and that let me un-mute the
> sound. And it works! I think the docs on alsa and sound on linux have
> become divorced from reality over  the years, I know how to read and
> follow instructions, I should have been able to do this years ago. I
> had to do it by trial and error!

Dave, a cool move on your part would be to document exactly how you did
the setup described in the preceding paragraph. Until Devuan gets their
documentation act together, I'd suggest publishing your documentation
on a website controlled by you, so that it's permanent. A whole heck of
a lot of people want to have a simple, no-nonsense sound setup like you
describe. I'm one of them.

SteveT