:: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much o…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much of systemd is still in there? UPDATE

Svante Signell wrote on 26/08/17 16:57:
> On Sat, 2017-08-26 at 06:51 +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
>>
>> I have a working devuan ascii with no systemd no dbus no udev and no
>> pulseaudio on my old iMac. (no X11 either, but we'll come to that)
>> I installed eudev and then I deleted /etc/init.d/udev and rebooted.
>> udev is gone and is replaced by eudev. I left the udev files in place
>> in /etc /lib because no eudev files had appeared so I think eudev
>> makes use of the udev files. I felt disinclined to break the system
>> again by deleting them! But if anyone can confirm or deny that would
>> be nice.
>
> Hi David,
>
> You can check the contents of eudev yourself:
> dpkg -L eudev
> gives you the list of installed files.

It's also worth to note that many files in /lib/udev/rules.d belong to
various other packages; they add their own configuration to udev in
support of hotplugging their things. I think you do best in leaving them
intact for eudev to use. Files in /etc/udev/rules.d are notionally your
sysadmin's poetry, with site local configuration, and likewise, should
probably be kept as well.

Ralph.