:: Re: [DNG] git.devuan.org -- 2FA iss…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Andrew McGlashan
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] git.devuan.org -- 2FA issues

On 25/08/17 20:09, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> El 25/08/17 a les 11:00, Andrew McGlashan ha escrit:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Okay, my code wasn't actually using the git.devuan.org server time, it
>> just displayed it.
>>
>> 2FA is re-enabled for me, but if you use the Google Authenticator app,
>> it won't work because you cannot change the time sever to use
>> git.devuan.org (which has a different time).
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> AndrewM

> Do you mean in devuan.org there are services depending on Google?

Sort of, the time is different for the git.devuan.org server and the one
that Google is using for generation of TOTP PINs. If Google's server
has the time correct (NTP) and git.devuan.org has also got the same
time, then it should be no problem.

However, as the timing is out, nobody can rely on Google's Authenticator
app to provide the right PIN.

Kind Regards
AndrewM