:: Re: [devuan-dev] Creating ISOs Was:…
Top Pagina
Auteur: fsmithred
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-dev] Creating ISOs Was: Re: Devuan Notes for Aug 23/14 2017
On 08/24/2017 06:25 PM, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-08-24 at 11:22 -0400, fsmithred wrote:
>>>

>>>   - I'd like to build an iso with the Devuan installer on it for
>>> test:
>>>     Any links? Or should I look at how Debian does this?
>>>     * look at this thread especially ozi's posts:
>>>       https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=551
>>>       and also on dng mail list.  Also chat wi
>>> thfsmithred.  (golinux)

>> If you want to build a live iso with the debian live-installer, I
>> recommend that you start learning live-build. So far, trying to do it
>> with live-sdk has some major blockers. I've been working on that with
>> Ozi and now with Aitor. We should probably all meet in irc some time
>> to discuss this. Ozi is on the other side of the planet, so timing
>> might be tricky.
>
> Hi fsmithered,
>
> Sorry, but I'm interested in creating an ISO containing the Devuan
> (Debian) installer to try out all udebs, especially the one from eudev,
> etc. Not live-installer :( How was the ISOs made for jessie?

Yes, we're both talking about the debian installer. I think it's referred
to as the debian live installer when it's included in a live iso, because
it will install the system that's on the live iso.

Ozi got it partially working with isos built with live-sdk. Aitor is
working on it now. It is known to work with live-build (they were made for
each other) so we can fall back to that if necessary.

The jessie live isos were made using live-sdk. I did recently make a
couple of devuan jessie live isos that include the debian installer, but
d-i isn't working with it. I am suggesting that you and I get up to speed
on live build. Between you, me, Ozi and aitor, we should be able to do this.

FWIW, the old unofficial live isos and the latest eudev/openrc iso were
all made with refractasnapshot, which is a hell of a lot easier, but
doesn't include d-i.

I don't have a good link with instructions for d-i. I've read a few, but
I'm not grokking it. Maybe because I've never set up my own package
repository, I'm not understanding what parts go where or come from where.
It might be covered in a part of the live-build manual that I've never read.

This thread might be more appropriate than the one linked previously:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=612

-fsr