:: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renamin…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renaming [was Re: Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames]
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:28:55 +0200
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> On Thursday 24 August 2017 at 10:24:56, Narcis Garcia wrote:
>
> > ...Wolkswagen Beetle ...
> > ...Volkswagens of various models....
> > ...mom's 1967 1300 Beetle...
> > ...Soviet Politburo pictures "evolve"...
> > ...trump-may-not-survive-his-term-but-the-assassination-complex-will...
> > ...Italian history is quite different from Polish history...
> >
> > What are you talking about?
> > It's difficult for non-native english speaking people to feel sense
> > to this kind of threads in a list supposed to be about Devuan
> > GNU+Linux
>
> 1. Well said.
>
> 2. You don't have to be a non-native English speaker to realise that
> a lot of this off-topic drivel does not make sense.
>
> 3. To those who have been posting it - please stop, and get back
> on-topic about making Devuan a better distribution.

Ummm, no. Part of making a better Devuan distribution is deciding
intelligently whether to:

1) Call the interface enpo22f4gtx
2) Call the interface eth0
3) Have the kernel call it enpo22f4gtx and have a user utility deduce
it to something like $eth0of1

I'd vote for #3, but would be happy with any of the above. I'm not sure
how VW, Trump or Poland snuck into the thread, but it's about Devuan.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2017 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz