:: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renamin…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rick Moen
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renaming [was Re: Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames]
Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):

>     Alessandro, Narcis, Rick,

>     You have plenty of technical skills and usefull ideas. Could you
> please concentrate on these. Since this site is also about KISS, I
> bet some people (like me) would really like to know how to get the
> best of Xorg with a KISS hotplugger (Mdev), and what the limitations
> would be.

>     The philosophical discussion on electrical starters is going
> pretty off-topic, don't you think.

(To my knowledge, I'm the only Rick who's recently posted.) Just a
point: I've steered clear of said off-topic philosophical discussion,
and spoken only on the subthreads about X configuration and about
fvwm/SLiM.

Thank you for your concern about topicality, which I share. (I have
occasionally misjudged, and then tried to do better.)