:: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renamin…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Harald Arnesen
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renaming [was Re: Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames]
Rick Moen [2017-08-23 23:32]:
> Quoting Harald Arnesen (harald@???):

>> > Au contraire: Even if you had nothing besides Xorg (or previously
>> > XFree86) itself, in almost all cases you could just do 'Xorg -configure
>> > distributions provided even-easier X configurator tools.
>>
>> When? Not when I started using Linux.
>
> At the very latest by RHL7, which was released in 1994. Red Hat's
> easy/GUI X configuration tool was called Xconfigurator.[1] I vaguely
> recall that SUSE and Debian, among many others, had various other ones
> with a variety of names.

Red Hat 7 was released in 2000, according to Wikipedia.

I remember using Red Hat 3.0.3 in 1996 and 4.2 (the last using libc5)
for a time in 1997-98. They had an X configuration tool that didn't work
for me.

They also shipped the Metro-X server, which also didn't work on my machine.
--
Hilsen Harald