Til: devuan developers internal list, Ivan J.
Emne: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Notes for Aug 23/14 2017
On 24/08/17 19:19, Ivan J. wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2017, Evilham wrote:
>
>> Devuan Notes Aug 23/14 2017 @20:30 UTC
>>
>> Pad is here. Please add notes prior to the meet:
>> https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/P03NCxozgULLEWFiD+ii0w/7VmjTKxq8l5fWk43B6FvnvqX
>>
>> Other pads relevant to the meet:
>>
>> Current infrastructure:
>> https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/usQoFADFDsJ9UAFbVm0H7A/FPGyscaoxWTAqqgscT1bw7VA
>>
>> Build system improvements:
>> https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/nXiySd0FPHvG8pBgGgImxA/aJ87TdwIEWiIk96GZcFwypnb
>>
>> Present: Centurion, rrq, Evilham, golinux, dimitsos (briefly),
>>          tremon (observer), blinkdog (observer), gnu_srs (observer)

>> ## golinux
>>   - Thanks to all the newcomers for joining us!
>>   - Confusion between jessie-updates and
>>     jessie-proposed-updates - needs clarification on d.o
>>   - There are issues relating release names and their stability
>>       (people get confused, sometimes install wrong things, etc.)
>>     There are posts of about this on dev1galaxy and irc (golinux)
>>     * We should make it somehow clearer, one option would be to add on
>>         d.o a repository equivalence table / branch explanation / ...
>>      -  Devuan repository        | Debian repository
>>         Jessie 1.0 (stable)        | Jessie  (old stable)
>>     ASCII (testing)            | Stretch (stable)
>>     Beowulf (unstable, coming soon)    | Buster (testing)

> Ceres is "unstable" and should stay that way. Are we introducing something
> between testing and unstable and making buster that in-between?

We could add testing-next for beowulf, but personally I'm hesitant as
I'd rather we focused on getting ascii as stable before adding an extra
testing suite.

>>     Ceres                 | sid
>>         Experimental            | Devuan-only packages
>>                                           (that's not a release.
>>                                           Jessie-proposed is also devuan
>>                                           only packages)

>>     * jaromil . . . At the risk of volunteering Evilham without asking
>>       first, I would like to suggest that you give him access to update
>>       the website according to your current method.  He and I work well
>>       together.  Then you will be relieved of that aggravation and the
>>       website will benefit for having the most current information.
>>       Seems like a win/win all around.   (golinux) *
>>     * I'd be ok with this; may look into replicating the pipeline
>>       locally at some point before Wednesday, that way a chrooted
>>       SFTP-only access to update the site would suffice (evilham) *

>>   - progress on rsyslog?  KatolaZ was going to do further review.
>>         What's the verdict?

>> ## gnu_srs
>>   - When will a repository for testing be created (i.e. Buster:Beowulf)
>>      * I think when amprolla3 is finally in production (golinux)
>>   - Time to build eudev for unstable, and eventually
>>     ascii-proposed/ascii?

> I've pushed the new commits, and tagged the release. But we have to test
> this still, before pushing forward.

did jaromil generate the key for you?

>>     * See notes above about releases. ascii is based on a STABLE release
>>       even though it's not quite stable on devuan.   (golinux)
>>   - When will util-linux ever build so openrc can be installed without
>>     privately built packages?
>>   - What makes maemo so important to support with the Devuan
>>     infrastructure, It's only for ancient Nokia N900 phones.

> That's where you're wrong. It's the whole point of porting. Maemo now
> (mostly) works on any machine and is not N900-specific.
>
>>     How many of them are still out there?

> Way many ;)
>
>>      * Here's a partial answer.  There are other posts scattered here
>>        and there with mor information:  (golinux)

>> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170614.162030.49f3c95f.en.html
>>   - KatolaZ: I know you are not present tonight. But, can you possibly
>>     test your scorsh locally before requesting it to be used in the
>>     infrastructure chain?

> Can you define a "local test"? Scorsh has test units and has been tested
> with local git repos.
>
>>     * It would be nice to compare scorsh and a refactored releasebot in
>>       action in a testing situation before making a decision.  (golinux)

> Also keep in mind that scorsh solves the website as well. I don't think> releasebot does on its own. Gitlab used to have a pipeline for the
> website which was broken and never fixed when the server was migrated.
> Perhaps the admins can look into fixing that?
>We can create a job for this in jenkins - even it it's a non-standard

one. Ideally we should just build the website as standard deb anyway
(has the side benefit for making mirroring it easier too) - and either
hack the repo job to tell the webserver to install it or push the
content in alternative form to where-ever it needs to go. The problem
is the only ones that know how it's built are Hellekin and Jaromil...