:: Re: [DNG] fvwm
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Rick Moen
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] fvwm
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> Then we should think of a better word to represent the union of window
> managers and desktop environments.

No, you have completely misdefined the problem, and this is why you
continually just raise noise on the matter and not help anything.

An X11 window manager, just like an X11 display manager and an X11
session manager -- and for the love of Ghod I hope you bothered
consulting those pages I provided about the concepts -- are real,
clearly defined things.

A 'Desktop Environment' is just a suite of a bunch of X11 things,
typically including one each, or in some cases a choice of several, in
each of those three categories, plus a bunch of X11 apps that all happen
to use the same graphics toolkit.

Really. That's all it is.

What you've said, above, is analogous to saying 'We should think of a
better word to represent the union of malls and Sears stores', just
because you cannot be bothered to understand the difference between a
mall and a Sears store. So:

> Seriously:

Seriously, you should learn the X Window System.

> What I *do* know is...

...based on a fundamental error compounded by you then leading an
invisible marching band.