:: Re: [DNG] openbox-themes in ASCII?
Página Inicial
Autor: Michael Siegel
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] openbox-themes in ASCII?
Am 21.08.2017 um 21:57 schrieb fsmithred:
> On 08/21/2017 08:59 AM, Michael Siegel wrote:
>> Am 18.08.2017 um 16:04 schrieb fsmithred:
>>
>> What exactly do you mean by "some themes don't work"? I use obconf
>> for setting the wm theme and gtk-theme-switch2 for setting the GTK
>> theme. I just installed the openbox-themes package again and went
>> through all the themes as well as the corresponding GTK themes
>> where available. I couldn't make out any problem.
>>

> The colors that I got did not match the colors in the samples. Lots
> of gray, especially the hightlight. Some of those corrected when I
> used lxappearance-obconf.

And you are referring to the Openbox themes themselves and not the
corresponding GTK2 themes coming with some of them? As you probably
know, the Openbox themes themselves are not responsible for what's
happening inside application windows. That's why you will have so set
Openbox and GTK2 (or Qt etc.) themes separately. Maybe
lxappearance-obconf tries to find the GTK themes automatically.

>>> Separating the themes into several packages shouldn't be hard,
>>> either.
>>
>> Good. I think that would make a lot of sense, from a user
>> perspective as well as for maintenance purposes. So, if I gave you
>> the theme files, could you package them? That would be great. As
>> soon as I'm able to do the packaging myself, I could take over all
>> the maintenance.
>>

> If you edit the existing theme files, I should be able to replace
> them and rebuild. Let's start with one or two and make sure it
> works.

Well, I wasn't going to edit anything, but there are new versions for
some of those themes that we could try. Maybe we could try building
per-collection packages right away. I'll think of something.

>> Well, I don't know if it's a reasonable aim to make anything work
>> with GTK3. From what I've read, theming for GTK3 seems like a
>> tedious waste of time. I mean, if someone volunteers to do it,
>> great. But I don't really mind if that doesn't happen.
>>

> Good point. I was not thinking.

As it seems, some of the theme creators are taking care of GTK3 support
upstream. But as GTK3 seems to excel in regular API breakage that
doesn't really help either.

msi