:: Re: [DNG] FWIW fixed :: network dow…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: fsmithred
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] FWIW fixed :: network down after ASCII upgrades
On 08/21/2017 10:07 PM, Gary Olzeke wrote:
> Haven't been on my ascii setup for a week or so.
> so I did the 'update & 'upgrade routine
> installed these upgrades:: [see below]
>
> '
> did a reboot and lost my network connection.
> ifconfig isn't available anymore (am I getting old?!)
> ip was too confusing to me
> '

My first guess is that the network names changed. Like you, I'd use
ifconfig to check them. It is still available, but it's not installed by
default. Install the net-tools package to get it.

> ended up doing this:
> sudo bash /etc/network/if-up.d/upstart .....(ethtool script didn't help??)
> '

That won't do anything unless you're using upstart as your init system,
and there's no version of upstart in ascii.

fsmithred