:: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renamin…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renaming [was Re: Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames]
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 01:08:25AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:

> Manually creating the configuration -- or even manually triggering its
> creation -- is a pretty bad idea. It just guarantees you won't have working
> X when you make any change to your hardware -- and sometimes software as
> well.

In the old days, this was exactly what you always had to do. I had to
manually calculate all the timing numbers from hints privided by the
monitor documentation (usually hidden in the advertising blurb on the box the
monitor came in), having been warned that if I got them wrong I could
destroy the monitor.

That was in the old days, when momitors didn't have much to say to
computers.

THe current situation is just dreamy by comparison.

-- hendrik