:: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renamin…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renaming [was Re: Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames]
Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):

[mdev:]

> Sure it would be helpful :-) AFAIK X11 is able to configure
> itself automatically without a config file when libudev provides it
> with an interface to query device properties, and without this
> library it is necessary to provide a config file.

At the risk of committing heresy, there's nothing all _that_ bad about,
on new Linux systems or ones where you suddenly switched in a whole new
video hardware system, having to generate an /etc/X11/Xorg.conf file
using 'Xorg -configure' (which by default outputs ./xorg.conf.new).

(/me raps the virtual podium with his figurative cane. ;-> )

--
Cheers,               « Certainement qui est en droit de vous rendre absurde est
Rick Moen             endroit de vous rendre injuste. »  ("Certainly, any one