:: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behavi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
Aan: dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: [DNG] An alternative to renaming [was Re: Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames]
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames
On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 12:51:54 +1000, Erik wrote in message
<20170821025154.GC3503@ratatosk>:

> On 20.08.17 22:36, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > If you want to be compaatible with what systemd does, you will end
> > up being as complicated as systemd.
>
> The entire premise for the existence of Devuan is to NOT BE LIKE
> SYSTEMD.
>
> If that can't be adhered to, then it's time to move on to FreeBSD.

...or GNU/Hurd. It and the xBSDs are why I still keep my Debian lan
mirror going.

> I hear that it has a Linux compatibility layer, and so can run Linux
> binaries.

..I'm getting the feeling you guys are discussing these proposals
on the GNU/Linux-under-systemd-udev-rule premise, chasing systemd
"features" "to compete" or somesuch, on their terms.
Any policy on that premise is pure idiocy and a dead end.

..we need to sell either vdev or eudev or some such non-systemd
udev upstream to Linus and the kernel guys and get them happy
about kicking out systemd-udev from the kernel code base.

..let Pöttering and the systemd crowd whine all they like, they
have all the right to fork off code and do their own fine thing
(systemd/CoreOS?) and not do us or anybody else any harm.
And, we really should make them fork off. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: