:: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behavi…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: fsmithred
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames logic reversing proposal
On 08/20/2017 10:27 AM, Adam Borowski wrote:

> * systemd-udev's promise of providing _stable_ names didn't deliver. They
> still change on major kernel upgrades, and sometimes on every boot.
> And their chosen naming is utterly insane (wlxf81a671bcfae, WTF?).
> Only systemd proponents still say it's a good idea.

They change? I thought they were based on which hardware slot they were
in. I've been ranting about how you have to open the box and look inside
to predict the names. Have I been wrong all this time?

Yeah, the name on a usb dongle is insane. I didn't stick with it long
enough to figure out if that number comes from somewhere or is random.

fsmithred