:: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behavi…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gary Olzeke
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames
+3 for the eth0/wlan0 naming scheme - yes I'm stuffing the vote!!
'
re: MAC address - each vendor is supposed to have their own pool of numbers.
some cards can be programmed with a MAC - so that sysadmins could replace a
card and not have to reconfigure servers.
'
re: MAC
there was/is an issue on ARM type of sbc (Pi, Beaglebone, olimex) that
don't
really have a NIC chip but simulate through a fast serial/usb interface!!!
they all end up with the same 'simulated' MAC [from the same run of boards]
'
my ignorance may be showing here:
I am surprised that there isn't an fstab-style record of MACs to ethX/wlanX
that way a MOTD-style popup could alert for a change or/ confirmation on
default
action.
'
is there someway to create an alias for eth0/wlan0 for the newer-ugly
naming scheme?
It just keeps getting more and more complicated - progress???!!