:: Re: [devuan-dev] eudev net.ifnames …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: fsmithred
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: devuan-dev
Aihe: Re: [devuan-dev] eudev net.ifnames logic reversing proposal
On 08/20/2017 10:15 AM, Ivan J. wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2017, fsmithred wrote:
>
>> On 08/20/2017 09:01 AM, Ivan J. wrote:
>>
>>> This would lead network interface names default to the old "eth0" or
>>> "wlan0" scheme, rather than the new(?) "enp0s3"-like scheme. It implies
>>> having "net.ifnames=1" in the kernel cmdline to get the "enp0s3"-like
>>> scheme and not touching anything to get the "eth0" scheme.
>>>
>>> If there are no objections until wednesday, I'd push this trivial, but
>>> important to discuss patch to the package and build it for the
>>> repositories. Please see the patch below:
>>>

>> Yes!
>>
>> It would be good to have some kind of warning to the user upon
>> installation, in case they are using the new interface names.
>
> I haven't played around with package warning popups yet. If you know of
> a way, I'll gladly implement it :)

Proper way:
I'm reading up on debconf. Based on the documentation I've seen so far,
I won't have this answer for you by Wednesday.

Quick and dirty method (tested with another package):

# debian/postinst

#!/bin/sh
# postinst for eudev

echo "

Warning: eudev will default to the older network
interface names, such as eth0 or wlan0. If you use
the new names, such as enp0s3, you will need to add
the following to the boot command:

        net.ifnames=1

"

exit 0