:: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much o…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Svante Signell
A: Alessandro Selli, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much of systemd is still in there?
On Sat, 2017-08-19 at 08:05 +0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On 18/08/2017 at 23:25, Svante Signell wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave, did you see my mail about interfaces being renamed? This
> > one
> > from Steve is just adding some more info to the issue, but does not
> > quote my message. Bad karma Steve :(
>

>   No bad karma.  Your message has:
>
> From: Svante Signell <svante.signell@???>
> To: Dave Turner <dave_t_turner@???>, dng@lists
> .dyne.org
> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:34:15 +0200
>
>   Steve's email has these references:

> ne.co.uk>

You missed:
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:45:45 -0400 (08/18/2017 07:45:45 PM)

13:45 UTC -400 + 6 hours = 19:45 UTC +200
His mail was sent more than one hour later than mine.

>   As you can see, there is not your email's Message-ID, which means
> Steve did not reply to your message or to any message that was
> replyed to yours. For this reason Steve's email does not have your
> message quoted.

The above is the bad karma. He should have quoted my mail adding his
info to what I wrote. Just simple netiquette. Others on this list does
even worse things: They reply to somebody's mail, keeping the subject
and totally wiping out the content of that mail in their replies.