:: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much o…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alessandro Selli
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much of systemd is still in there?
On 19/08/2017 at 09:48, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-08-19 at 08:05 +0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:
>> On 18/08/2017 at 23:25, Svante Signell wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Dave, did you see my mail about interfaces being renamed? This
>>> one
>>> from Steve is just adding some more info to the issue, but does not
>>> quote my message. Bad karma Steve :(
>>

>> No bad karma. Your message has:
>>
>> From: Svante Signell <svante.signell@???>
>> To: Dave Turner <dave_t_turner@???>, dng@lists
>> .dyne.org
>> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:34:15 +0200
>>
>> Steve's email has these references:

>> ne.co.uk>
>
> You missed:
> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:45:45 -0400 (08/18/2017 07:45:45 PM)
>
> 13:45 UTC -400 + 6 hours = 19:45 UTC +200
> His mail was sent more than one hour later than mine.

So? Still, it was not a reply neither to your message, nor to any other
one that was posted in reply to your own. One hour is little: he might well
have written his reply and sent it out before your email arrived in his
mailbox or before he read it.

>> As you can see, there is not your email's Message-ID, which means
>> Steve did not reply to your message or to any message that was
>> replyed to yours. For this reason Steve's email does not have your
>> message quoted.
>
> The above is the bad karma. He should have quoted my mail adding his
> info to what I wrote.

Why?

> Just simple netiquette.

Nowhere does any netiquette state that. If you know one that does, please
quote it.

> Others on this list does
> even worse things: They reply to somebody's mail, keeping the subject
> and totally wiping out the content of that mail in their replies.

The context and content of the email might warrant this behaviour. If you
spotted a case in which you think it does not, please write a personal email
to the party involved advising him about the correct way to reply an email
in a mailing-list. Myself I am going to entertain any further discussion on
this matter only in private.

Regards,

Alessandro