:: Re: [DNG] golang-1.7 considered def…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] golang-1.7 considered defective as is.
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:08:09PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 12:59:54PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> [cut]
>
> > I maintain that golang-1.7 is a defective package as is.
> >
> > Of course I'll follow the instructions on the golang website(s) if I
> > don't get the Debian/Devuan package working soon. But I, as I suspect
> > many potential users, would prefer that the Debian/Devuan package would
> > just work.
> >

> FWIW, I have been using both golang-1.7 and golang-1.8 in Devuan
> ascii, without problems (the only glitch is related to the
> documentation in golang-1.8).

I found the 'go' command. All I had to do was

install golang-1.7
updatedb
locate bin/go

and there it was, in /usr/lib/go-1.7/bin/go

I'll investigate further when I'm awake.

Just to me some time -- what settings are you using for critical
environment variables like GOPATH and GOROOT?

-- hendrik