:: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much o…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much of systemd is still in there?
On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:36:12 +0100
Dave Turner <dave_t_turner@???> wrote:

> On 18/08/17 00:22, Joel Roth wrote:
> > deleted /lib/udev and all the sub-directories
>
> With eudev I have a working keyboard so today I went in and removed
> /etc/systemd/* . Re-booted and I still have a working keyboard but no
> network connection!

Hi Dave,

I think you have /etc/init.d/networking or something like that. This
shellscript assumes a certain name for your network interface. Your
move to eudev might have changed that name.

Perform the following command to learn interface names:

ip link

Strongarm your network name(s) into /etc/init.d/networking as needed.

If you really, really can't get /etc/init.d/networking to do the job,
here's a shellscript to bring up a wired interface to a defined IP:

#!/bin/bash
ip link set dev enp3s0 down
ip addr add 192.168.100.2/24 dev enp3s0
ip addr add 192.168.100.102/24 dev enp3s0
ip link set dev enp3s0 up
ip route add default via 192.168.100.96

Assuming your interface is named enp3s0 (and rename it if not), the
preceding script will work on any distro.

Somewhere in the past I posted, on this list, a shellscript to deduce
the name of the wired interface, and jam it into an environment
variable so it could be passed to scripts like the preceding.

If you want to boot up wifi, you need your boot to early run, *with
respawn*, wpa_supplicant, as aa daemon. This means for sysvinit put it
in /etc/inittab, not in /etc/init.d/S0whateverwpa_supplicant.

If, like me, you're willing to be disloyal to your distro, you can
start up your network trivially.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2017 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz