:: Re: [DNG] cron/fcron/bug#62
Página Principal
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] cron/fcron/bug#62
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:25:09AM -0400, Gary Olzeke wrote:
> KatolaZ - thanks for the reply
>
> this is how I got a "tied in":
> I ran this command from a dev1galaxy article -
> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=556
> dpkg -l | awk '$1=="ii" {print $2}' | xargs -rn1 -I+ sh -c "dpkg -L + |
> grep --label=+ -Hw systemd" > systemd-references.tx
> ** and it shows this in its big list: on a Jessie1.0 install
> cron:/lib/systemd
> cron:/lib/systemd/system
> cron:/lib/systemd/system/cron.service
> **
> so I assumed it needed systemd-stuff.

Hi Gary,

just to clarify, those are systemd units (the files which decide when
and why a service is run when systemd is the init system). These are
totally harmless, and there is absolutely no need to fork a package
just to remove those files.

If you keep reading down on the same dev1galaxy thread you mentioned
above, you will find that other users have clarified that those files
are innocuous.

> Internet talks indicates it was 'borged' by systemd.
> FWIW
> Looking at the fcron files - I see that it(fcron) can be used by
> SysVint or systemd [for its time element ticks??]
> '
> '
> guess I'll look for another package to practice on - but its gotta be sorta
> simple
> [I'm open to suggestions!]
> I'm new to this d1h stuff - and others reported many attempts to get a
> package up.

In general, you should start packaging or repackaging something only
if you wish to act as a maintainer for the package, i.e., if you are
willing to keep the package updated with upstream developments. Having
hundreds of forked packages that then get forgotten by their
maintainers is useless, if not dangerous, for Devuan.

Please feel free to ask any question you have about the process. You
can also try the IRC channel #devuan or #devuan-dev on freenode.

HND

KatolaZ