:: [DNG] openbox-themes in ASCII?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Michael Siegel
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] openbox-themes in ASCII?
In Debian Wheezy, there was a package called openbox-themes
(https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/openbox-themes), offering a pretty
nice collection of themes for the Openbox window manager, some of them
coming with matching GTK2 themes. Unfortunately, this package has been
dropped with the release of Debian Jessie.

As I'm an Openbox user, I would really like it if these themes could be
made available through the package repositories in Devuan again. I
already tried installing the package from Debian Wheezy on Devuan Jessie
a view months ago. That worked just fine. And as that package doesn't
have any dependencies except Openbox and (apart from the standard
package files) consists of nothing but theme files, forking should be
quick and easy for someone who knows how to create Debian packages.

(Those having déjà vu redaing this, see
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-art/issues/10.)

Also, I thought it would be a good idea to find current official sources
and recent versions of all those themes. So, I drew up a table and
started to collect data that may be used for building an up-to-date and
expanded openbox-themes package for Devuan. That table currently
includes information on 131 themes, mostly those from the original
openbox-themes package plus the ones currently being shipped with
Openbox itself as well as a few worthy additons (e.g. themes linked on
Openbox' official website that had not been part of the Debian Wheezy
package and are not currently being shipped with Openbox).

I was actually planning to create the package myself and then put it up
for review. But I got stuck in the process of learning how to build
Debian packages. It's a lot more complex than I thought it was and I
can't find the time to deal with that at the moment. So, I'm looking for
someone to assist. I could prepare a tar ball containing the updated and
expanded themes collection, so whoever would do the packaging would not
have to worry about that part.

msi