Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] ..today's el Reg heads-up: "Red Hat banishes Btrfs from RHEL"
Quoting Arnt Karlsen (arnt@???):

> ..today's el Reg heads-up: "Red Hat banishes Btrfs from RHEL, ZFS On
> Linux adds the proper crypto Google wants before considering Btfrs for
> Android" got me curious, so I looked into it. ;o)

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08/16/red_hat_banishes_btrfs_from_rhel/

Reader comments say RH's replacement project Stratis Storage Project has
dependencies on D-BUS, which if true means 'Eh, no', from me.

> ..my preliminary conclusion is I'm staying with ext4 because it is
> maintained by Theodore T'so and because he has his own experience
> with systemd which may have formed his scornful opinion of it. :o)

ext4 and XFS remain solid, likewise md RAID. Snapshotting and
block-level checksumming (ZFS) are certainly nice if you can justify the
system complexity and RAM suck, not to mention building a local kernel
if your distro isn't a copyright scofflaw [**cough** Canonical **cough**].