:: [DNG] ..today's el Reg heads-up: "R…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] ..today's el Reg heads-up: "Red Hat banishes Btrfs from RHEL"
Hi,

..today's el Reg heads-up:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08/16/red_hat_banishes_btrfs_from_rhel/
"Red Hat banishes Btrfs from RHEL, ZFS On Linux adds the proper crypto
Google wants before considering Btfrs for Android" got me curious, so
I looked into it. ;o)

..from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs and a bunch of wiki pages,
it seems somebody at Red Hat are unhappy about btrfs recipes helping
people escape e.g. systemd "upgrades" using e.g. btrfs snapshot boot
tricks, AFAIUT.

..my preliminary conclusion is I'm staying with ext4 because it is
maintained by Theodore T'so and because he has his own experience
with systemd which may have formed his scornful opinion of it. :o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: