:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are availa…
Página Principal
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are available in Devuan?
On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:34:10 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):
>
> [snip much]
>
> > And like it or not, for this very large group of people, the
> > "desktop" needs to be familiar enough (ie look and work like
> > Windows) for them to be able to carry on with their trial and error
> > prodding to get things done.
>
> The part you didn't address is where a DE is even helpful for this.
> It's not.

Rick, look in the mirror: You caused this. Every time you use words like
"Desktop Environment", "Desktop", and "DE" you make them sound special
(and geez, I have to investigate whether I need one), when in reality
they're all GOSFUIs. Some like their GOSFUIs pretty with cutsey little
dragndrop, and some like them simple and quick: Just leave it at that.

Every time one uses the word "cgroups" he's subtly arguing for
systemd. Every time one uses the word "DE" he's subtly arguing for
complex, and usually bloated, GOSFUIs.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2017 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz