:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: John Franklin
À: svante.signell
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd

> On Aug 15, 2017, at 4:45 AM, Svante Signell <svante.signell@???> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 2016-04-21 at 19:57 +0200, Rob van der Putten wrote:
>> Hi there
>
> Hi
>
>> Which desktops work without systemd?
>> A list would be nice.
>
> I'm running mate on an upgraded to ascii VM.

Cinnamon is mostly functional. The network control panel reports “The system network services are not compatible with this version.” As long as you’re comfortable configuring (wireless) networks on the command line, it’s fine.

Attempting to build Cinnamon from the upstream source succeeds, but can’t install. One of the generated pacakges requires network-manager, which depends on libpam-systemd, which depends on systemd. I’ve already filed a bug about the dependency in network-manager. Fixing that would be a big step towards LMD1E.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin@???