:: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much o…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Joel Roth
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much of systemd is still in there?
Dave Turner wrote:
> I'm running a very minimal install of devuan ascii on my old Apple iMac.
>
> ....I have never been able to get sound working on the iMac using any
> linux distro unless pulseaudio was installed.

Hi Dave,

AFAIK pulseaudio uses ALSA and ALSA drivers to communicate
with the soundcard. It doesn't have drivers of its own.

So it's quite possible that your failures to set up sound on
an intel-Mac without PA are not due to a lacking in ALSA,
but to bad lack insufficient trial-and-error or to policies
of the distros you were using.

Regarding /lib64 contents, this is almost certainly due to
your choice of apps. In my system, 'ls /lib64' returns only:

    ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

cheers,

--
Joel Roth