:: Re: [DNG] Devuan presentation at Ch…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan presentation at Chemnitzer Linux-Tage (Germany) 2018?
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 21:27:13 -0400, Hendrik wrote in message
<20170815012713.GA7141@???>:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 03:45:08PM +0200, Evilham wrote:
>

> > I'd recommend taking a look at this:
> > https://www.slideshare.net/opennebula/opennebulaconf2015-112-the-status-of-devuan-project-alberto-zuin
>
> The slide "Why I Hate systemd" is likely to derail discussion because
> of the loaded word "hate". Better to discuss technical merits and
> demerits without raising emotions.

..I lean towards disagreeing, I rejected systemd on its creepy banana
republic politics and its usage to defend the mission creep.

..I agree "hate" is a little too loaded and a little too warranted. ;o)

..systemd is quite clearly AFAICT, capable of both subverting and
defending e.g. Tor tunneling, since it creeps in between kernelspace
and userspace, running its own timeservices, dns etc.

..you can either trust the systemd as your friend, like Red Hat, Debian
et al "mainstream Linux" does, or trust them as our enemy like we do.

..clearly, either we are wrong, in that case we have backups in the
systemd distros, or, the systemd users are wrong in trusting the
systemd developers, and will need a systemd-free backup.

..time will show. Meanwhile, we do not know which side is right and
which side is wrong on systemd.

..has Ed Snowden and Joanna Rutkowska changed their mind on systemd, or
do they still trust it?

..then we can learn from people like Linus and Theodore T'so.

..the "OT: most processors are insecure" is clearly worth a mention.
And somebody at the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage might know when and how etc
the systemd deveopers learned what we learned in that thread here.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: