:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are availa…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Pontus Goffe
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are available in Devuan?
Den 2017-08-15 kl. 08:45, skrev Erik Christiansen:
> Finding Devuan, and subscribing last night, I'm keen to replace my
> Debian 9.0 "Systemdix"¹, even at the cost of reverting to older
> packages. But I don't much like Gnome either, and have become quite used
> to LXDE - especially the boot speed of the leaner environment.
>
> So the question is as put in the subject line. The answer might also fit
> in the category "what does Devuan have to offer", perhaps.

I am running Devuan with LXDE upgraded from Debian jessie and the
upgrade was flawless. I behaves and looks the same apart from not
automagically mounting USB drives (which I have choosen to live with for
the moment).
Post upgrade had a bit more work to really get systemd and its
dependencies removed which included reinstall of some packages and
guiding apt a bit to pick better dependencies (if I recall it right).
A basically just followed the upgrade instruction on devuan.org.
//PG