:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of releaseb…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: KatolaZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: devuan-dev
Aihe: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of releasebot and updates to www.devuan.org
On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 07:57:40AM +1200, Daniel Reurich wrote:

[cut]

> > you are imposing a dependency on your actions to all of us without
> > even giving a fair consideration to what has been done.
>
> No, I'm simply saying don't acceot a solution born out of frustration
> that came from ignorance of what already is there.

Keeping saying that I don't understand the current building infra does
not make your point stronger or more clear. You did't even bother to
explain what I am not understanding there, despite I have asked
several times for that explanation. I understood what was possible to
understand given the structural lack of documentation that
characterises almost everything in the Devuan infrastructure, but I am
really eager to understand what I am missing.

I posted an RFC on this list, a technical document. You did not even
bother to respond to that technical document with technical
arguments. You kept vomiting personal insults and technical nonsense,
which show clearly that you did not even make the effort to go through
that document, or simply decided to ignore it without further
consideration.

If you think this will make your leadership position in Devuan
stronger, or brighter, or smarter, I guess you might have still
something to learn about how a technical community works. Luckily, the
archives of this list are public, and people can get their conclusions
on the whole story by reading the relevant emails. They will
consistently find code, documentation, solutions, and technical
arguments on one side, as opposed to personal attacks, insults,
non-technical idiosincracies, and bare arrogance on the other side.

The point is that we all agreed during a meeting that we would have
waited to look at nextime's alternative solution and then decide how
to proceed. Nextime said that he would have required a few days for a
proof-of-concept. More than two weeks have passed, and I humbly asked
nextime if there is something we can help him with, without getting a
reply.

This is what we decided, and this is what we should go for. You cannot
shoot down a decision made in a developer meeting just because you
don't agree with it. If you think you can, then we have far greater
and more important problems than scorsh or releasebot, and we should
probably address those problems before talking of improving the
building infrastructure.

HND

KatolaZ