:: Re: [DNG] Runit crisis: was GNOME …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Temas antiguos: Re: [DNG] GNOME usability "improvements"
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Runit crisis: was GNOME usability "improvements"
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:32:13 +0200
Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 02:52:18PM -0400, zap wrote:
> > removing runit-init and most other init options?
>
> runit-init got dropped not because of malice -- or rather, very much
> because of malice but on the side of a bloody dictator rather than
> that of the Debian release team. After Dmitry Bogatov got arrested,
> no one stepped in to fix the package on time

[snip]

> I've warned you guys

Geez Adam, what next, fire and fury?

For the time being, we have
http://troubleshooters.com/linux/devuan_docs/runit_jessie.xhtml

My intent is that people with more distro knowledge help me specialize
the document for a Devuan runit *run from PID1* that everyone will like,
and then somebody with apt-foo skills help me turn this document into a
Devuan package. I have a hunch that the finished product will be better
than anything offered by Debian because, ummm, Debian.

Meanwhile, it's still reasonably easy to install runit from the
upstream.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2017 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz