:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of releaseb…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Evilham
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of releasebot and updates to www.devuan.org
Let's tone this down a bit and keep it civil people.

I see different people are taking some things personally when they are
not; that's sad because it makes very difficult to separate what belongs
to the technical discussion and what is I-say-you-say. Adding tons of
noise that does not help at all.

IMO: these things should have been talked in the meetings. Specifically,
the past two have been, in this regard, a waste of time. This could have
been talked through in a more civil and effective way.

The fact that *everyone involved* has been mostly MIA these days does
not help. That is in spite of everyone agreeing, this was *first
priority business (tm)*.

Trying to be impartial here, but one direct criticism to the releasebot
part, mostly meant as a comment for the future: development is taking
place in the dark. If I check the repositories, there is nothing new
either from nextime nor Daniel. Having that development open (in the
repositories) would leave everyone less concerned.

I am going chronologically through all the ML noise and summarising all
points that have been stated and I perceive as relevant to the
discussion; let's try to start with a clean sleeve with that.
(Many things happened in my crazy-July, so I confess I read some things
for the first time)
I paraphrase a lot for readability and to cut non technical stuff out.
Proper quotations would be a mess and a waste of my time, so if you see
I got anything wrong, just fix, and keep this moving *forward*.

For time reasons I am leaving this for now and will try to finish it by
tomorrow 13.00 UTC, 20 UTC the latest, but my goal is 13 UTC.

In the mean time, please keep yourselves from posting anything
non-technical. If you want to help document points that have been made
and the actual technical details this should be about, feel free to
contribute and edit the pad.

Right now, this discussion is not going anywhere and it's wasting
everyone's time and energy. Let's change that.

https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/nXiySd0FPHvG8pBgGgImxA/aJ87TdwIEWiIk96GZcFwypnb
Keep a local copy of your changes, since there is no history on the pad.

NOTE: This does not (yet) include any data contained in the
infrastructure_doc repo, the RFC or refers to any actual code audit I
have done. It refers exclusively to what has been discussed on the ML
(except the RFC).
NOTE2: I need to take a better look at Scorsh to be impartial; oddly
enough I think that right now I have a better grasp at what the current
setup / proposal from nextime and daniel is. Will dedicate some time
tomorrow to that.
--
Evilham