:: Re: [DNG] Technical overview of ini…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Technical overview of init systems
Le 10/08/2017 à 16:22, Jamey Fletcher a écrit :
>> Le 09/08/2017 à 22:46, Joel Roth a écrit :
>>       Despite what the author claims, this series of pages isn't about
>> init. It is mostly about supervision and a little about containers. It
>> assumes both are usefull, with no argumentation to motivate supervision.
>> Confusion about init, supervision, and containers typically suggests
>> that the author has been contaminated by systemd propaganda.
>>       Also I don't like the style of this series of explanations; there
>> is little content within a lot of decoration and structure. Clearly the
>> author has tried all these supervisors but his explanations could be
>> more detailed.
> And the answer is...

> Take what he's written, add in your thoughts, more clearly specify the
> differences between inits, supervisors, hypervisors, and containers, and
> write up your own explanation.
>
> One thing I might suggest, since you think his explanations could be more
> detailed, is do a short explanation for each section, kind of an executive
> summary, and then add in a section closed up initially for more detail for
> those who need it.

     I thing you're taking me wrong. I don't claim I know the matter
better that the author. He studied all these supervisors in some detail;
I didn't. I just say he failed to explain things in an educative way -
and it seems to me doesn't consider it worth.

     Didier