:: Re: [DNG] Technical overview of ini…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Technical overview of init systems
Le 09/08/2017 à 22:46, Joel Roth a écrit :
> Edward,
>
> I think that any articles that interest people in
> exploring this part of their Linux systems can only
> be good.
>
> Edward Bartolo wrote:
>> Using this 'resource' will do a disservice to Devuan. Anyone serious
>> enough to read it will get the wrong impression that Devuan is some
>> 'amateur' distribution not worthy of wasting professional hours on it.
>> Scientific and technical text must at all costs avoid opinionated
>> writing but this resource does the opposite. As said earlier, there is
>> no objective comparism between the different inits.

     Despite what the author claims, this series of pages isn't about
init. It is mostly about supervision and a little about containers. It
assumes both are usefull, with no argumentation to motivate supervision.
Confusion about init, supervision, and containers typically suggests
that the author has been contaminated by systemd propaganda.

     Also I don't like the style of this series of explanations; there
is little content within a lot of decoration and structure. Clearly the
author has tried all these supervisors but his explanations could be
more detailed.

     Didier