:: Re: [DNG] Technical overview of ini…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Miles Fidelman
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Technical overview of init systems
Me neither.

I found the "7 part series" amazingly content free, and certainly not
very technical.

First off, it wasn't about init systems, it was about supervisors (in
fairness, it didn't actually purport to be about init systems).

Second, nowhere did it actually talk about, in detail, what a
supervisor does, and underlying theory of operations (what you'd expect
in a "technical overview" to begin with). Instead, it was a rather
rambling, and unorganized description of a bunch of different supervisors.

Now what might have been useful would be:

1. An actual technical overview, including a definition of terms.

2. A comparison chart listing all of the various supervisors available.

As it is, it's just a waste of time.

Miles Fidelman