:: Re: [DNG] Excessive bounces
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Excessive bounces
On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 16:21:34 +0200, Jaromil wrote in message
<20170802142134.vlfhg5z4ccbrueb7@reflex>:

> On Wed, 02 Aug 2017, Emiliano Marini wrote:
>
> >    Sorry to bother, but it's the second time this happens to me:

..I have this happening all the time, 3 times in July now, on the 4th,
10'th and the 29'th.

> >    "Your membership in the mailing list Dng has been disabled due to
> >    excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> >    23-Jul-2017."

> >    I have a Gmail account, it's Google's fault? or maybe some issue
> > with Mailman?

> I am a bit puzzled about this one, we had some reports of the problem
> so far, which hasn't occurred before on any other dyne list and is not
> really reproducible.
>
> what we notice is that our mail server is under some quite heavy load
> and we are working to move it to a bigger infrastructure by september
>
> however it is highly available already and seems to process
> everything, so I'm not really sure what is happening... any insight is
> welcome.

..I also see these bounce warnings coming from debian.org, but
those are warnings, not unsubscribes, usually whining along the
lines of "I bounce 8% and will get unsubcribed at 80%", to
paraphrase.

..maybe we should just set an higher bounce tolerance?

Scenarios always come in sets of three: