:: Re: [DNG] flash player for browser
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] flash player for browser
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 02:01:03PM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 07:49:56PM +0200, Joachim Fahrner wrote:
> > Am 2017-07-26 19:40, schrieb Haines Brown:
> > >I need access an online database, but when I try to do it I get the
> > >error message that I don't have the latest version of Macromedia Flash
> > >Player. The site needs Macromedia Flash Player 11.1 or higher.
> >
> > Adobe ceased the flash player supoort for Linux long time ago. And now they
> > announced the end of flash player for all platforms. Flash is dead!
> >
> > https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html
>
> Ah! Thank you.
>
> So then how do I access the database? The files I need to access are
> newspaper images.

In the short term, try installing google-spyware (ie, official chrome rather
than chromium).

In the medium term, a VM with Windows.

In the long term, you have a yet another reminder why proprietary software
is bad. For something with as much existing content as Flash, there's no
way someone wouldn't keep it on life support, the way we can read .Z files
today.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ What Would Jesus Do, MUD/MMORPG edition:
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ • multiplay with an admin char to benefit your mortal