:: Re: [DNG] flash player for browser
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] flash player for browser
Rüdiger Meier - 26.07.17, 20:04:
> On 07/26/2017 08:01 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
> >>
> >> Adobe ceased the flash player supoort for Linux long time ago. And now
> >> they
> >> announced the end of flash player for all platforms. Flash is dead!
> >>
> >> https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html
> >
> > Ah! Thank you.
> >
> > So then how do I access the database? The files I need to access are
> > newspaper images.
>
> For such exceptional cases I have google-chrome installed, I has a built-in
> flash player.

chromium + pepperflashplugin-nonfree in case you in case you want the free
version of Google Chrome without all the stuff Google adds in.

That said, Adobe also updated the Linux flash player recently.

But I think you may need the lastest flashplugin-nonfree package in order to
automatically download it (since it has hash sums and will accept download
archives from Adobe with hash sums it knows about)

martin@merkaba:~> rmadison flashplugin-nonfree | cut -c1-65
flashplugin-nonfree | 1:3.2+wheezy1  | oldoldstable/contrib
flashplugin-nonfree | 1:3.6.1        | oldstable-kfreebsd/contrib
flashplugin-nonfree | 1:3.6.1+deb8u1 | oldstable/contrib
flashplugin-nonfree | 1:3.7          | unstable/contrib

Similar might be true for Pepperflash-Plugin.

However I suggest you also hint that library that Flash is dead and they
better change their way of distribution media files rather sooner than later.

I removed all flash from my system quite a while ago and I don´t look back.

I think Flash should have gone 20 years ago already.

Thanks,
--
Martin