:: Re: [DNG] Please keep 32-bits alive
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Please keep 32-bits alive
On 26.07.2017 09:34, Didier Kryn wrote:

>     All languages wrap libc's API with their own primitives: C wraps
> unistd's write() within printf() and fwrite()

It doesn't just "wrap" it, it calls it in order to achieve some
higher functionality. These functions only make sense if you're
working with formatted texts. (you *can* use them for binary data,
but that doesn't give any benefit, just slows things down).

> and even unistd's write() and seek() are wrappers for kernel's pwrite().

No. Just look at the code. write()+seek() as different semantics
than pwrite(), and they don't even need to be supported by some
particular fd.

> I tend to consider Javascript as a junk language, but my opinion on it
> is not well educated. It might be good for what it was designed for.

Well, it once was designed for tiny things like alert() on a button
click, some trivial input validations, etc. Today, it's totally abused
(and nodejs is even worse). If I could travel back in time, I'd shoot
the guy who introduced that ugly language.

--mtx