:: Re: [DNG] Please keep 32-bits alive
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Please keep 32-bits alive
Le 26/07/2017 à 11:06, Adam Borowski a écrit :
>>> ACK
>>      I totally disagree. Programming low level libc functions and programming
>> a full-featured web browser aren't the same kind of job at all and should be
>> done in neither the same state of mind, nor the same language. Most probably
>> they souldn't be done by the same kind of person.
> Nope, someone coding a web browser needs to know how libc functions work.

     All languages wrap libc's API with their own primitives: C wraps
unistd's write() within printf() and fwrite() and even unistd's write()
and seek() are wrappers for kernel's pwrite(). This even more true for
higher level languages.

> Programming _on_ a browser indeed could get a pass, but then, it's not like
> Javascript is a real programming language... :p

I tend to consider Javascript as a junk language, but my opinion on it is not well educated. It might be good for what it was designed for.

> Meow!

     Wah! :-)